Monday, July 13, 2020

SUBJECT: CLOSURE OF WHITING PARK & WHIHALA BEACH DURING COVID-19

TO:    WRBC MEMBERS


It has been brought to my attention today Monday, July 13, 2020 

from the City of Whiting, that as of Wednesday, July 15, 2020 Mayor Joe Stahura has decided to close all vehicular traffic from entering Whiting Park and Whihala Beach. This includes all trailers and launching at the dock.  

All bike and walking trails will remain open for pedestrian use. I don't know how long this closure will last.  I was told probably a week to maybe longer.

So this closure may affect this months meeting on Tuesday, July 28, 2020.

I want you all to know, that I have attempted to contact Mayor Stahura today and am awaiting his return call. I understand his concerns with all the traffic that has been coming in from Illinois.

I am hoping to speak with the Mayor soon.  As I get more information I will keep you all posted.

Here is a link to the Mayors decision to close Whiting Park and Whihala Beach.


Thanks,

Mike Hill
WRBC Commodore