Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Commodore's Notes: RE: CONGRESSMAN PETE VISCLOSY's LETTER RE: REDUCTION OF FISH IN LAKE MICHIGAN

WRBC Members,

I have received an interesting letter from Congressman Pete Visclosky in response to our continued concerns about the tremendous reduction in the fishery at the Southern end of Lake Michigan.  This letter was not what I expected as it intends to justify reasons that were not discussed at the meeting in October, 2015.  This is the information that was forwarded to me from Pete Visclosky's Office via the Indiana DNR.  I believe you will be very interested to hear what the DNR conclusions are.  I will send copies of this letter to Perch Unlimited, Salmon Unlimited and Mike from McLurch for their review. 

Please try to attend our February meeting as I feel you will be very interested in what the Indiana DNR had to say. 

Again thank you and look forward to seeing all at this coming February 23rd, meeting.

Mike Hill
WRBC Commodore